5 Foods to Tap your Calorie Count

CALORIE COUNT 1

When it comes to losing weight, counting calories if often the most sought after method when it comes to controlling your calorie count. However, it is always not possible to count your calories and therefore people who have trouble keeping their calorie count in check can resort to eating the below mentioned 5 foods that help in keeping your calories in check.

  1. Celery

CéleriWhen it comes to controlling your calorie count there is no other vegetable other than celery, which should occupy the prime position. Composed of about 25% fiber and the other 75% remaining, constituted by water, celery is filled with water and provides you with very less calories. In addition to its high content of water, celery is also blessed with fiber that can help one to control one’s urge to eat. Furthermore, celery is full of nutrients such as Vitamin C, Vitamin A and Vitamin K which invariably have anti-oxidant properties and improve cardiovascular health. Notwithstanding, the above mentioned the fiber content in celery promotes regular bowel movement and also improves the quality of the skin.

  1. Grapefruit

1024px-Citrus_paradisi_(Grapefruit,_pink)_white_bgSecond on the list is grapefruit which is technically speaking same as celery in relation to their water content. Grapefruit has 60% water content and the rest 40% is made up of fiber. Nevertheless this sweet and sour fruit also contains a bit of roughage and healthy fiber that boots digestive health and promotes feelings of fullness. Pectin, which is particularly found in grapefruit aids in the reduction of arterial hardening and also boots your metabolism thereby helping your body to burn calories faster.In addition to the above mentioned, grapefruit contains phytonutrients called limonoids which help in reducing your chances of developing tumors in the stomach, colon and lungs. Lastly, it also lowers levels of cholesterol.

  1. Eggs

eggs-570540_640Eggs also facilitate in the process of controlling your calories. Eggs are a source of super protein and contain all nine of the essential amino acids required by the body. Consumption of eggs according to research illustrates that people who tend to eat eggs lose weight very easily as compared to people who do not consume eggs regularly. Noteworthy is the fact that eggs do not raise your cholesterol neither do they lead to any heart disease as popularly believed. It is advised that eggs should be consumed in the morning hours as it helps one to feel full longer. In addition to the above, eggs contain nutrients like Zinc, Iron and Vitamins A, D, E and B12 which increase the metabolism of the body which thereby aid in burning more calories in the body.

  1. Apples

11383-a-bowl-full-of-red-empire-apples-pvApples contain a lot of water and lots of fiber which helps keeping the calorie intake in control. It is advised to eat organic apples because they contain no pesticides and more fiber, iron, magnesium, and vitamin C. Furthermore apples are full of healthy antioxidants, fiber, vitamins, and minerals and also are a good source of potassium, phosphorus, calcium, manganese, magnesium, iron and zinc. In addition to the above apples also contain A, B1, B2, B6, C, E, K, folate and niacin. Noteworthy, is the fact that apples contain no fat, sodium or cholesterol and also are anti-carcinogenic in nature. The fiber content in apples which is rich in pectin helps in controlling your appetite by making you feel full and satisfied and also aids in keeping your digestive system in a proper functional state.

  1. Beans

beans-228871_640Lastly, beans are also a great way to control your calorie count as beans are high in fiber and slow to digest. The most notable nutrition fact about beans is that they don’t contain any saturated fat and are a rich source of vitamins, minerals, and plant derived micronutrients. Further the fiber present in beans helps is reducing blood cholesterol levels by decreasing reabsorption of cholesterol binding bile acids in the colon. Also, beans are rich in Vitamin A which plays a pivotal role in aging and various disease processes. In addition to the above beans are also advisable to be consumed during pregnancy in order to prevent neural defects in the newborn babies. Notwithstanding, the above mentioned beans also contain good amounts of Vitamin B6, thiamin and Vitamin C which help the body develop resistance against infectious agents and burn more fat. Finally, beans contain minerals like iron, calcium, magnesium, manganese and potassium which help in body metabolism and control your calories.

(Visited 130 times, 1 visits today)
Please follow and like us:
20

Related posts

Leave a Comment